Two weeks before our graduation, some students of our grade gathered together to create a video to commemorate our graduation. An animated discussion was held to work out a detailed plan. With various ideas thoroughly discussed, we decided on the theme as showing our gratitude for our beloved school.
We wasted no time commencing collecting materials for our video. Some of us went to shoot video clips on campus, hoping to record the daily scenes of our school life. The others worked on interviewing teachers and students, allowing them to express their feelings towards graduation and sincere wishes for each other.
With abundant materials ready, we began to create our video. One boy who excelled in computer was engaged in editing, while the rest of us circled him, proposing suggestions on polishing the precious video. In close collaboration, we finished the video within a week, in time for our graduation ceremony.
On the very day of the ceremony, our video was displayed at the end of it. When the final scene of balloons forming the characters of “Grateful to our school” was presented on the screen, all the audience stood up and gave rounds of thunderous applause. Among them, we were the happiest ones, with tears uncontrollably shedding down. We felt extremely proud of ourselves for having done something meaningful for our beloved school.
This valuable experience shall remain forever fresh in our mind, marking a perfect end of our high school life.
Recently our class participated in the Earth Day activity, which granted us a good chance to get involved in the Earth–saving action.
A week before the Earth Day, many of us noticed the new poster with big letters advocating actions to contribute every individual’s efforts to making a difference to the planet we live in. Students in our class were deeply motivated by the encouraging words and decided to do our part. After a heated discussion, we came up with the idea of inventing a new way of dealing with rubbish and promoting our idea to everyone. We collected deserted cans and cardboard, which normally ends up in the soil and river and pollute the environment, and made delicate handicrafts out of them. After several days of our work, “rubbish” was transformed into art works with our hands.
Then came the Earth Day, on which we took our artwork into the community and gave them to dwellers who took interest in them. During the process, we conveyed the idea of recreating useless stuff. Many people were amazed by our work and showed much appreciation to the dolls, handbags and vases made of ordinary used materials.
At the end of the day, I gave a presentation in the school auditorium, on behalf of my class. Again, I emphasized the significance of changing the useless things into useful stuff. While taking part in the action, I learnt a lot myself. Not only were we able to enjoy the process of DIY, but we were contributing to the protection of our home planet.
I’m so glad to hear your future education plan in Beijing in your last letter. First I would like to express my warmest welcome to you and I am sure you will have the most unforgettable experience during your college in Beijing.
Learning your keen interest in Chinese culture, I suggest you apply for Peking University, one of the best universities in China. Its Chinese Literature major is perfect for you where you can be completely soaked in Chinese profound history and rich culture. As for preparation, some reading in advance is needed like The Story of the Stone while some online courses of spoken Chinese can be helpful for you to adapt into the Chinese language environment.
I sincerely hope your dream will come true and it’s my pleasure to show you around in Beijing when that day comes. If you have further questions, please feel free to let me know.
- 2019年高考数学解析几何知识点大串烧 2019-02-19
- 2019年高考数学热点剖析——复合三角函数ω的取值范围 2019-02-14
- 2019高考数学热点剖析：二元二次方程条件下的最值题型解法 2019-02-14
- 2019高考数学最 易失分的33个知识点，不看必丢分! 2019-02-13
- 文科生需要知道2018年高三数学复习命题预测及备考建议 2019-01-29
- 2019年北京高考英语必考重点句型 2019-02-18
- 文科生需要知道2018年高三英语复习命题预测及备考建议！ 2019-01-29
- 如何学好高中英语？做好这6步让你轻松学好英语！ 2019-01-08
- 高考英语作文范文精选3篇！ 2019-01-03
- 【英语必备词汇】高考英语3500词字母E 2018-12-24
- 【高考复习专题】物理学史：卢瑟福与库仑 2018-12-31
- 【考前复习专题】高考物理学史：法拉第和安培 2018-12-30
- 【备考】高考物理学史专题胡克与牛顿 2018-12-29
- 高三物理一轮复习资料：物理的内能及热力学定律 2018-12-24
- 【考前复习】高考物理匀变速直线运动公式 2018-12-21
- 【考前归纳】高考化学实验题总结：碱金属元素 2019-01-01
- 高考化学知识点总结：“10电子”“18电子”的微粒小结 2018-12-30
- 【高考备考】化学实验题总结：卤族元素 2018-12-25
- 高考化学知识点总结：比较金属性强弱的依据 2018-12-22
- 高中化学必背知识点：有关化学式的计算 2018-12-19
- 高考生物知识点总结：生物膜的流动镶嵌模型 2018-12-23
- 高考生物知识点总结：物质跨膜运输的实例 2018-12-15
- 高考生物知识点总结：细胞核——系统的控制中心 2018-12-07
- 高考生物知识点总结：细胞器---系统内的分工合作 2018-11-30
- 高考生物知识点总结：细胞膜---系统的边界知识网络 2018-11-23
- 高中政治6大经济常识知识点盘点 2019-02-22
- 2019年北京高考政治最 易失分点大汇总 2019-02-21
- 文科生需要知道2018年高三政治复习命题预测及备考建议！ 2019-01-29
- 高中政治考试33个易错易混淆知识点 2019-01-09
- 高考政治答题术语：国际关系 2018-12-31
- 文科生需要知道2018年高三历史复习命题预测及备考建议！ 2019-01-29
- 【分享】高考历史必背知识点：台湾问题 2018-12-19
- 【高考备考】历史必背知识点：有关东北问题 2018-12-15
- 高考历史必背知识点：中国的近代化进程 2018-12-05
- 高考历史必背知识点：古代的唯物主义思想 2018-11-28
- 文科生需要知道2018年高三地理复习命题预测及备考建议！ 2019-01-29
- 高考地理答题模板：景观图技巧归纳 2018-12-25
- 高考地理答题地理示意图的判读技巧总结 2018-12-11
- 高考地理答题技巧：统计图表的判读 2018-12-04
- 高考地理答题技巧：答题过程中突破地理思维! 2018-11-27