Two weeks before our graduation, some students of our grade gathered together to create a video to commemorate our graduation. An animated discussion was held to work out a detailed plan. With various ideas thoroughly discussed, we decided on the theme as showing our gratitude for our beloved school.
We wasted no time commencing collecting materials for our video. Some of us went to shoot video clips on campus, hoping to record the daily scenes of our school life. The others worked on interviewing teachers and students, allowing them to express their feelings towards graduation and sincere wishes for each other.
With abundant materials ready, we began to create our video. One boy who excelled in computer was engaged in editing, while the rest of us circled him, proposing suggestions on polishing the precious video. In close collaboration, we finished the video within a week, in time for our graduation ceremony.
On the very day of the ceremony, our video was displayed at the end of it. When the final scene of balloons forming the characters of “Grateful to our school” was presented on the screen, all the audience stood up and gave rounds of thunderous applause. Among them, we were the happiest ones, with tears uncontrollably shedding down. We felt extremely proud of ourselves for having done something meaningful for our beloved school.
This valuable experience shall remain forever fresh in our mind, marking a perfect end of our high school life.
Recently our class participated in the Earth Day activity, which granted us a good chance to get involved in the Earth–saving action.
A week before the Earth Day, many of us noticed the new poster with big letters advocating actions to contribute every individual’s efforts to making a difference to the planet we live in. Students in our class were deeply motivated by the encouraging words and decided to do our part. After a heated discussion, we came up with the idea of inventing a new way of dealing with rubbish and promoting our idea to everyone. We collected deserted cans and cardboard, which normally ends up in the soil and river and pollute the environment, and made delicate handicrafts out of them. After several days of our work, “rubbish” was transformed into art works with our hands.
Then came the Earth Day, on which we took our artwork into the community and gave them to dwellers who took interest in them. During the process, we conveyed the idea of recreating useless stuff. Many people were amazed by our work and showed much appreciation to the dolls, handbags and vases made of ordinary used materials.
At the end of the day, I gave a presentation in the school auditorium, on behalf of my class. Again, I emphasized the significance of changing the useless things into useful stuff. While taking part in the action, I learnt a lot myself. Not only were we able to enjoy the process of DIY, but we were contributing to the protection of our home planet.
I’m so glad to hear your future education plan in Beijing in your last letter. First I would like to express my warmest welcome to you and I am sure you will have the most unforgettable experience during your college in Beijing.
Learning your keen interest in Chinese culture, I suggest you apply for Peking University, one of the best universities in China. Its Chinese Literature major is perfect for you where you can be completely soaked in Chinese profound history and rich culture. As for preparation, some reading in advance is needed like The Story of the Stone while some online courses of spoken Chinese can be helpful for you to adapt into the Chinese language environment.
I sincerely hope your dream will come true and it’s my pleasure to show you around in Beijing when that day comes. If you have further questions, please feel free to let me know.
- 【高考备考】高中语文必修2必背古诗词《兰亭集序》 2018-11-22
- 高中语文必背古诗词《赤壁赋》 2018-11-15
- 高考必备：高中语文必修二必背古诗词3篇 2018-11-08
- 高中语文必背古诗词之《氓》 2018-11-01
- 高中语文必背古诗词5篇 迎战高考必不可少! 2018-10-25
- 【备考复习】高考必背数学公式大全之三角函数 2018-11-27
- 【高考备考】高三数学模拟试题选择题精选 2018-11-23
- 【备考复习】高三数学直线和圆的方程知识点归纳 2018-11-22
- 高三数学复习资料：圆锥曲线重点 2018-11-21
- 高考数学公式大全之数列 复习必备! 2018-11-20
- 高考英语作文范文：英语学习师生座谈会发言稿 2018-11-28
- 高考英语作文万 能句子：解决方法作文题型如何写? 2018-11-27
- 【高考必备】英语3500词汇之字母C 2018-11-26
- 高三英语必修2第一单元单词速记 2018-11-23
- 高三英语作文范文之人际关系 复习必备! 2018-11-22
- 高考生物知识点总结：细胞膜---系统的边界知识网络 2018-11-23
- 高考生物知识点总结：细胞中的无机物 2018-11-16
- 高考生物知识点总结：细胞中的糖类---主要的能源物质 2018-11-09
- 高考生物知识点总结：遗传信息的携带者—核酸 2018-11-02
- 高考生物知识点总结：生命活动的主要承担者---蛋白质 2018-10-26
- 高考政治大题“对策类”答题技巧 文科生必看! 2018-11-19
- 高考政治《哲学生活》主观题答题技巧 教你轻松拿高分! 2018-11-12
- 高考政治《文化生活》必背答题术语 答题更准确! 2018-11-05
- 高考政治答题技巧之政治生活答题术语 不看后悔哦! 2018-10-29
- 高考政治《经济生活》答题术语 文科生高考必背! 2018-10-15
- 高考历史必背知识点：古代的唯物主义思想 2018-11-28
- 2019高考历史必背知识点之古代医药卫生 2018-11-21
- 高考历史必背知识点：古代交通 2018-11-14
- 高考历史必背知识点归纳：古代的对外贸易 2018-11-07
- 高考历史必背知识点：历代经济政策 2018-10-31
- 高考地理答题技巧：答题过程中突破地理思维! 2018-11-27
- 高考地理答题之影响阐述题万 能答案 2018-11-20
- 高考地理答题模板之区位评价题 2018-11-13
- 高考地理答题技巧之措施列举题如何作答? 2018-11-06
- 高考地理答题模板之原因分析题，文科生必备! 2018-10-30